► JOB VACANCY 02|2020 EPOS ERIC EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Application start date: 1th July 2020 at 05.00 pm | Application deadline (CET): 20th September 2020 at 11:59 pm
Job Position: Executive Director (ED)
Employer: European Plate Observing System European Research Infrastructure Consortium (EPOS ERIC)
Contract: Full time employment for three years, renewable once for an identical period.
Location: Premises of the EPOS ERIC Statutory Seat - Via di Vigna Murata 605, 00143 Rome, Italy
Working Language: English
Gross Salary rate: € 130.000 to € 170.000/annum depending on qualifications and seniority. The gross salary will include general social benefits.
Brief Description of EPOS ERIC
EPOS (European Plate Observing System) is the pan-European research infrastructure aimed at ensuring sustainable use and re-use of multidisciplinary solid Earth science data and products fostering state-of-the-art research and innovation. EPOS is committed to establishing and underpining sustainable and long-term access to solid Earth science data and services integrating diverse European research infrastructures under a common federated framework.
EPOS ERIC is the legal entity established by the European Commission on October the 30th 2018 to coordinate and integrate national and international research infrastructures forming the EPOS Delivery Framework. Based in Rome, Italy, EPOS ERIC is currently constituted by 12 Members: Belgium, Denmark, France, Greece, Iceland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia and the United Kingdom, and one Observer: Switzerland. The governing body of EPOS ERIC is the General Assembly (GA). EPOS ERIC is an important player within the international research infrastructure landscape. It builds on the achievements of past European projects that have engaged more than 138 diverse research institutions, universities, and organisations from 25 European countries as well as 5 international organisations.
Mandate of the Executive Director
The mission of the Executive Director is to move EPOS from pre-operations to fully mature and operational services across the EPOS Delivery Framework. The Executive Director shall carry out the day-to-day management of EPOS ERIC with due diligence and in accordance with the EPOS ERIC Statutes and Implementing Rules, the instructions and resolutions of the General Assembly and applicable laws.
The Executive Director is responsible for preparing and submitting to the General Assembly strategic, technical, scientific, legal, budgetary and administrative assessments and for preparing and submitting the annual activity plan and activity report.
Required Qualifications and Experiences
Required qualifications and competencies of the EPOS ERIC Executive Director are:
- PhD or equivalent experience in science (preferably in solid Earth science);
- proven experience in managing an operational research infrastructure and service provision;
- five years of experience in the management of international initiatives and projects in the science and innovation domain;
- demonstrated ability to lead professional staff and engage effectively with broad array of individuals;
- demonstrated experience in fund raising operations for research and innovation projects in solid Earth science;
- experience in international interdisciplinary scientific and stakeholder networking;
- demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders;
- excellent communications and public relations skills;
- high proficiency in English language, the working language of EPOS ERIC.
- experience in the European and global research arena;
- knowledge of the solid Earth science policy landscape in Europe;
- knowledge of international solid Earth research institutions, organizations, infrastructures and other relevant bodies.
Applications should be addressed to the Chairperson of the EPOS ERIC General Assembly, Mr Michał Rybiński, and submitted via email to the EPOS ERIC Executive Coordination Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a single pdf file, including:
- a covering letter explaining the applicant’s interest in the position and how they could contribute to the undertaking;
- the Curriculum Vitae of the applicant;
- the names and contact details of three persons willing to write a letter of reference, if requested.
More information in the vacancy notice.
► JOB VACANCY 01|2020 EPOS ERIC HEAD OF ADMINISTRATIVE UNIT
Open date: 7th February 2020 | Closing date: 21st February 2020 at 11:59 pm
Job Position: EPOS ERIC Head of Administrative Unit
Purpose: The Head of Administrative Unit will run the EPOS ERIC administrative activities under the direction of the EPOS ERIC Executive Director
Contract: Full time employment, with 6-month probation period
Service Group: EPOS ERIC Executive Coordination Office - Administrative Unit
Location: EPOS ERIC Headquarters, Via di Vigna Murata n° 605, 00143 Rome (Italy), c/o Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia
Working Language: The working languages are English and Italian
Competitive salary, commensurate to titles and experience.
Full time employment, with 6-month probation period. Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines. National and international travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with project partners, stakeholders, etc.
Prepare your application as one single PDF document, in English, containing a copy of your CV and the name of two references, with a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and how you could contribute. Enclose this document in an email message, with subject: “Application EPOS ERIC Head of Administrative Unit”; addressed to: email@example.com
Personal data (such as names, addresses and CVs) are processed pursuant to Article 13 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) .
For more information about our privacy practice please read the EPOS Privacy Statement (www.epos-ip.org/content/privacy-policy-summary).
Unless indicated otherwise, the replies to the questions and any personal data requested are required to evaluate the tender in accordance with the specifications of the invitation to tender and will be processed solely for that purpose by EPOS ERIC.